Some of you may have noticed these 2 bottles of wine in the office. The big number tag should be a good indication of their source.
Last Saturday, my last appointment ended in the most interesting way. My client, who's also my dad's horses' trainer, wanted to introduce me to more people so he asked Zinc and I to join them at this event at Tong Whye Temple. It was almost like a wedding dinner with at least 50 tables I think. I've heard of this temple for a long time, since I started playing basketball 12 years ago, but I've never stepped foot there. Incidentally, Jiefu told me all the basketball guys in La Famille were born there.
So anyways, the table I was at won 2 boxes of the wines during the lucky draw. The trainer gave us one, saying hopefully it can bring us more luck. That's why it's right now sitting in the office... HUAT AH! :P
Anyway, they were really nice people.
Trainer : Did she tell you? *points to wife*
Me : Tell me what?
Trainer : *turns to wife* You didn't tell her ah?
Wife : *blur*
Trainer : My bro's wife just gave birth!!
Me : Erm... CONGRATS! .. *pause* Wanna buy ah?? (half jokingly)
Trainer : YA!!! Reserved for you liao!!
Me : Wow!! Thanks!!
Trainer : Didn't your dad tell you? I told him to!
Me : No. -_- He didn't tell me anything. *throws dad dirty look in mind*
Trainer : (to wife) You bring her to their house k?
Wife : Sure sure! As soon as the baby get his birth cert!
Awww.. So nice right..
好人有好报! So this Friday, the horses he trains will definitely be the champions! :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

wow man ... now looking back , after THE first " night at the races " in my life ... how unbelievable man .... 2 for 2 ... what're the odds of that ?
ReplyDelete